6.2 Not Through the Looking-glass but Through the Looking-glass.
I was captured by the previous day's explorations regarding the looking-glass. My mind entertained the idea of Alice entering a different world, a wonderland, through the looking-glass. This is how I envisioned the beatific vision, a face-to-face encounter with the Creator, in another world.  But the Pauline quote from the Letter to Corinth is envisioning an ancient mirror made of polished metal, producing a dim reflection. The reflection the person looking into the mirror sees is a vision of themselves. This is not going through the looking-glass, but it is through the looking-glass that one knows in the present (but being fully known has happened already, see the tenses in 1 Cor 13:12). 

I have been trying to go through the looking-glass to a new place of discovery. But it is not about going through the looking glass, but it is through the looking glass that self-discovery happens. And what I see is a reflection of myself. The body, the breath and the imago dei -- a strange sort of beatific vision, an inner sanctum, with new lands, and a new orientation. Communion with the Creator needs to be cultivated by seeing oneself through a looking-glass, as the image and dwelling place of the Creator.