6.1 Crux.
The crux is defined as the heart of the matter. Crux comes from the word cross. It speaks of the thing which torments us. It poses a unique difficulty. 
Communion, our sixth topic for reflection, is the crux of the framework we have built for the Praxis Project. The heart of the matter is how we experience communion with the living God. 
Symbols and icons are important. These are the traditional signs of the faith: The Word in visible human form, the testimony of the witnesses, the Body of Christ collective, the Spirit, and natural revelation in creation. 
But what we seek is like a beatific vision, a face-to-face encounter with the Creator.  This is the crux. I want to be satisfied by nothing less. But there is now and there is then. “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face-to-face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.”
It seems logical that trying to see through a dim looking-glass would lead to a sense of disorientation and incompleteness. This disorientation and incompleteness is now the crux of the matter.